- Bachelor of Arts – Honours 1983
- Certified Transactional Analyst (Clinical) 1981
- Teaching and Supervising Transactional Analyst (ITAA) 1989
- Certificate in addictions counselling 1996
- Authorized Mental Health Practitioner (Mental Health Act 1996). Office of the Chief Psychiatrist, Department of Health. 2006
- MSc (Psychotherapy) 2011
- Registration with the psychologists registration Board of WA (1986)
- Member of the Australian Psychological Society (APS) (1988)
Examples of Work History
- 1984 – 1991: Lecturer, Basic Management Programme, Singapore Airlines, Singapore.
- 1985 – 2002: Lecturer and clinical trainer, Counselling and Care Centre Singapore & Singapore Transactional Analysis Association.
- 1986 – to date: Registered Psychologist in private practice
- 1989 – to date: Training program supervisor for counselling and psychotherapy. Training counsellors for an Advanced Diploma in Counselling, Level 7
- 1991 – 2000: Consultant to St. John Ambulance Service (WA). Trauma debriefing
- 1991 – 2000: Co-ordinator of St. John Ambulance Service (WA) employee support program.
- 1999 – 2004: Acting Respite Co-ordinator – Level 6. Association of Relatives and Friends of the Mentally Ill.
- 1999 – 2001: Counsellor Supervisor, Palmerston Drug Rehabilitation Centre.
- 2002 to date: YMCA Perth, Employee Support Counsellor
- 2005: Carer for reunification trips. Christian Brothers’ British Child Migration Scheme
- 2005 to 2007: Senior Psychologist, Medical Centre, Acacia Prison.
- 1984 to date: Psychologist in private practice
- 2010 to date: Honorary lecturer. TA Centre – Association of Transactional Analysts of Serbia.
- 2010 to date: Trainer in redecision therapy – Executive Counselling and Training Academy, Singapore
- The Inaugural Goulding Award for Excellence in Transactional Analysis. Presented for excellence in the theory of T.A. at the 8th Australasian Transactional Analysis Conference (November 1988)
- 1994: Inclusion in the “International Who’s Who in Medicine (2nd Ed)”. InternationalBiographical Centre, England
- 2001: Honorary Member of the Transactional Analysis Association of Singapore
- 2011: Awarded ‘High Commendation’ at 2011 British Medical Association, Medical book awards in the psychiatry category for the book – Working with suicidal individuals
- 2012: Honorary Award – Platinum Member of the International Council of Professional Therapists (ICPT)